Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Our Biggest Supporter



I thought of two separate people/persons who help us out on this journey. And each in their own way.


That's my hubby with our dog. 
Our dog thinks he is smaller than he is, as you can see. 
He also thinks he is a reindeer.



My husband: It might not be this way in your family, but here's the way it rolls in ours. I do most of the diabetic care for Grace. I do the dr. appts., the calls, the drugstore runs, the trips to school, most of the troubleshooting, pack the lunches, buy the food and program the pump. It's just the way it is. Hubby works full time and frankly, this is my full time job now. I fill him in on what's happening. He can take over at any time and will, at any time, take over. He's confident with her care. He does it. I cannot say enough about how he supports me, helps me when I am feeling like I can't do it one more stinkin' day and gives 100% when he is home. I couldn't imagine doing it solo. I applaud him for always having my back and for steppin' straight up to the plate when it's his turn to bat and I am running screaming from the field :0)




The DOC: That's the Diabetic Online Community. That's YOU folks! Those of you who are probably reading this blog, right this very minute. I cannot thank you enough for your words of wisdom, your wit, your gallows humor at times (that leaves me laughing at all this D, when it is SO not funny), your advice, your breadth and width of knowledge of all things D related,  your friendship and your presence in my life.

I don't think I would be sane without you gals, honestly. You might not know this, but when I am feeling like I just cannot do this job as a pancreas, I know that if I go online, one of you will be there with a posting that gets me through... (that's for you Meri) and I realize, hey, my gals are doing it, so can I. You have brightened my life and my world. You make me feel less alone and for that, I am beyond grateful and thankful.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I don't think I'm going to be able to hold it together today. Very little sleep combined with emotional, loving posts - I'm doomed! I love the picture and how wonderful to have that support from hubby!

PS - Thank you for supporting me!

Jules said...

I so agree about D-parent postings sometimes hitting the right spot and helping so much. I would not want to do this without my new community. You do a great job. I love the St Bernard that thinks it's a lap dog!!

Tracy said...

Agreed! D-moms (and dads) are THE BEST!

my sweet girl said...

I too am going on very little sleep and feeling very emotional reading these posts today. I'm glad you have great support we all need that.
Yvette

Meri said...

Love having a shout out in your post!! You made my morning...really! LOL!

Thank YOU for your support Penny! You are a breath of fresh air!

Wendy said...

This week has been so much fun! It's so cool getting to see how alike everyone really is :)

k2 said...

D - Parents ROCK!
As does your wonder pup ;)
kelly k

Five Bears A-Blogging said...

We have a dog like that, too. A big ol' Dane who weighs about 100 lb, always has to be touching you or leaning on you, and will climb her whole body up into your lap if she thinks she can get away with it. Ya ain't been sat on til you been sat on by a 100 lb Dane who thinks she's a toy poodle.

Lovin' the D Week posts! - Mo :)

Unknown said...

DEAR GOD your dog is as big as a MOOSE!!! lol. My situation at home is similar...I am a full time parent/pancreas...hubby works full time.

AND yes...my biggest support out there is YOU...so pat yourself on the back sister...you memebers of the DOC ROCK!!!

Leighann of D-Mom Blog said...

Right back at you!

I don't know what I would do without the moms I have found online who share their stories and offer support.