Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Making the low go



My hero



Ah Juicy Juice, sweet nectar of the gods..... It's the fastest and quickest way to get Grace's blood sugar up. 15 grams of  liquid carbs and we get a 40-50 rise in blood sugar. Guaranteed. Sometimes I kiss a box just to say how thankful I am to Juicy Juice. 


Me Want Cookie!



                                     
This, however, is Grace's first choice for bringing up a low. Oh how she loves her cookies! Alas, our lows tend to be at night-time, so I nix this cookie idea. First, it doesn't bring her up fast enough for what she needs. Cause when this girl drops, she drops like rocks in a bucket. Fast. And hard. Second, they get stuck in her teeth, so we are on an endless cycle of 'eat a cookie, brush our teeth.' Ever tried to get a 7 year old to brush their teeth at 1:30 am while looking like a drunk at a bar on last call? Thought so. Ain't pretty and ain't happening. So, while she wants cookies, Momma says no to the night-time cookie bender.


Frosting anyone?






Is it just me or does everyone have a tube of cake frosting in the glove compartment of their cars? Oh, just me, thank you. We do. In both our cars. This is for the LOW of the low. Cause you know me and our luck. We will be somewhere and have to bring up a low with nary a juice or a cookie in sight. I am breaking open the frosting on that occasion, blowing a sky-kiss to Betty Crocker and stuffing some in Grace's cheek so it slides down her throat. Then I probably will take a big squeeze of it myself, just for good measure. Luckily, in 18 months, I haven't had to use this, but do you know how nice it makes me feel to know that's it's there in the car? I thought you did.








10 comments:

Lorraine of "This is Caleb..." said...

I don't have the frosting in the car, but I do have an extra staff of cookies. No matter how well we plan, it gives me great comfort to know they are there.

Heather said...

I might have to keep frosting in the car. I LOVE the idea. I have been trying to think of things to keep in the car.

LaLa said...

Frosting in the car is a great idea. Better than a HOT juice box!!

Anonymous said...

"Staff"??? I'm over-extending myself with all these blogs!!!! "Stash" - sorry. :)

Meri said...

I'm loving the frosting in the car. Maybe I can have the boys take a swig before they run in to scouts!

Jen said...

I don't have frosting in the car but I carry one in our supply bag that is on us at all times AND i have one in our supply drawer at home as well as one in our upstairs bathroom medicine cabinet! I am SUPER paranoid about one of those so-low-your-kid-cannot-function kind of lows!

Karen said...

I don't have frosting in my car, but I have a big 'ole tub of chocolate frosting in my fridge at all times though!! I usually have to have my husband dole it out to me for my lows though - otherwise I'll eat half the tub and end up sky high!!

Five Bears A-Blogging said...

Okay, now I feel like a D-Geek, because I actually have Glutose 15 glucose gel in our Cami Pack (D-kit), which goes everywhere with us. But, always have juice around at home, and glucose tablets everywhere else, which T-Bear actually likes (go figure).

Leighann of D-Mom Blog said...

We have cake icing gel in our kit, though we've never actually used it before. We're juice or Smarties kind of people.

TRISHA NELSON said...

There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and elimination of diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome lifestyle Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and overall well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2014. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a glucometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescriptions like: Insulin ,Sulfonylureas,Thiazolidinediones but I could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain and bring back the pain again. I found a woman testimony name Comfort online on how Dr James cured her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his herbal medication as instructed, I am now completely free from Diabetes from doctor Dr James herbal  mix medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348152855846   He also uses his herbal herbs medicine to cure all kind of diseases like:DIABETES, CANCER,RECTUM EFFECTS, BOWEL OBSTRUCTION, HIV/AIDS, HERPES, HEPATITIS A&B, CARDIAC DISEASES, CHRONIC DISEASES,  YELLOW FEVER, EPILEPSY, LUPUS, STROKE, SPINAL CORD, ECZEMA, KIDNEY DISEASES, ACME, BACK PAIN,   DENGUE SCHIZOPHRENIA, APOLLO,MULTIPLES SCLEROSIS, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, VAGINAL  DISCHARGING, ARTHRITIS, MENINGITIS itchy Should contact.Doctor James and be free from your diseases because I am a living testimony, Dr James, is very good and honest herbalist doctor. Contact him now via his email:   (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com)   (whatsapp or call him on  +2348152855846)